Mr. Thompson experience includes:
- Six (6) years as an auditor including senior auditor with Price Waterhouse (now PriceWaterhouseCoopers), Chartered Accountants. He holds a practicing certificate from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados (ICAB).
- Ten (10) years as lecturer in taxation, auditing, financial management and accounting theory with the University of the West Indies (Cave Hill Campus, Barbados), Certified General Accountants Association of Canada (Barbados Chapter), Certified Management Accountants of Canada (Barbados Chapter), and the Barbados Institute of Management and Productivity (BIMAP).
- Eighteen (18) years at a major oil company, nine (9) years as Regional Tax Manager, seven (7) years as Chief Financial Officer and two (2) years as President and General Manager. Responsibilities included tax, finance, credit, accounting and budgeting and general management for six (6) international subsidiaries in the fifteen branches of the English, French and Dutch Caribbean.
Mr. Thompson was the former Chairman of the Membership Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accounts of Barbados (ICAB) and sits on the Government’s Treaty Negotiating Team regarding developments within the Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). He has represented the Government of Barbados on promotional tours to Canada, UK, Mexico and Colombia.
Mr. Thompson assisted the Ministry of International Business in responses to the OECD Forum for Harmful Tax Practices (FHTP) on tax regimes in Barbados, and amendments to enabling legislation including convergence of tax rates.
Mr. Thompson was a member of the Joint Policy Working Group, the World Trade Organization Team and the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) committee. He provides tax advice to these various groups and committees who report to the Minister of Industry, International Business, Commerce and Small Business.
Mr. Thompson also provided seminars on the use of Barbados for treaty based solutions for Invest Barbados, the Investment Promotion Agency of the Government of Barbados, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados and the International Tax Specialist Group
Education and Qualifications
- BSC (First Class Honours), University of the West Indies (UWI)
- B.Comm. University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Certified Public Accountants of Canada – CPA, FCGA
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados (ICAB) – FCA
T W Thompson & Co. (“TWT”) commenced operations in 2007 and provides audit and assurance, tax advisory and litigation support, accounting and business advisory, trust and succession planning advisory and company secretarial services to a range of businesses.
TWT’s portfolio of clients includes international, regional and local entities. TWT possess proven ability and a wealth of experience in diverse industries including financial services, manufacturing, retail, real estate, credit union, international securities trading, international lending and finance, insurance, information technology, pharmaceutical services, exploration of designs and royalty rights, retail and wholesale distribution, the manufacture, sales and distribution of apparel.
TWT is a member firm of International Tax Specialist Group (ITSG), which is an international association of tax specialists operating in more than 40 countries.
TWT Is a member of Allinial Global, which is an accounting firm association of legally independent accounting and consulting firms with offices in North America and throughout the world through international members and partnerships.
TWT is a correspondent of Moores Rowland International in Barbados. Moores Rowland International is among the top 10 international auditing and advisory networks in the world.