Tangi Carter earned her Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the Mississippi College School of Law and her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. Having practiced in Florida and Tennessee, she is proud to be back home in South Mississippi.
As a former Federal and State Public Defender, she successfully handled numerous trials, pleas, sentencings, bail hearings, arraignments, docket calls, motion hearings and probation violations. She previously worked for a DUI defense firm in which she handled DUI cases throughout Northwest Florida.
Tangi was previously a staff attorney and court administrator for Judge Prentiss G. Harrell for almost 3 years and worked closely with his Drug Court.
As an active member of several legal organizations, Tangi stays up-to-date on current events within the legal community. Tangi was recently elected by fellow alumni to be the Alumni President for Mississippi College School of Law. She is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, a member of the South Central Mississippi Bar Association and a member of the National College of DUI Defense Lawyers. She is a former member of the Inns of Court and the former President of the Society of Criminal Defense Lawyers. She taught in the Legal Studies Department at Pensacola Jr. College for five years.
Tangi Carter is a member of the Criminal Justice Act (“CJA”) Panel. The CJA Panel is a group of qualified and court-appointed attorneys who are eligible for appointment by the Federal Court to represent individuals in criminal cases who are unable for financial reasons to obtain counsel. Panel Attorneys must have demonstrated experience in, and knowledge of, the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, the Federal Rules of Evidence and the Federal Sentencing Guidelines.
Tangi is married to Mark Pryor. He is completing a doctorate in Philosophy from Tulane University.
The Tangi Carter Law Firm Difference
Hiring a lawyer can be a stressful and confusing process. How do you differentiate a masterful salesperson from a masterful litigator? In the end, the best advice is to do your homework on the prospective lawyer and his or her reputation. Doing this will usually only help to narrow your search down to a small group. Then, how to pick from that small group? It is important that you feel very comfortable with your lawyer. That is, feel as if she will treat your case as her own, with respect and professionalism. If a lawyer makes you a promise about a particular outcome, be very suspicious of salesmanship. Seasoned lawyers know better than to promise outcomes because every case is different.
Be sure to thoroughly interview each attorney you are considering. If an attorney seems frustrated because you ask questions about his or her experience level, caseload, accessibility, and priorities – keep looking. Your attorney’s experience, motivation and energy level can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case. The following are ten reasons we believe you would be wise to retain the Tangi A. Carter Law Firm:
- We have an outstanding track record of excellent results and client satisfaction achieved through experience in investigating cases, creativity, detailed knowledge of the law, and hard work.
- We are highly accessible to our clients and are available to personally address any concerns regarding your case.
- We are willing to initially discuss the matter with you, prioritize goals of representation and quickly determine what action you should, or should not take.
- No case is insignificant to the person charged, or to us. We handle cases ranging from shoplifting to DUI to drugs to murder.
- The right to make major decisions in all cases belongs to the client. We will never try to convince or force you to take a course of action just because it is an “easier” road.
- We will attempt to get our clients out of jail on their own recognizance without having to post bail. However, this is not always possible and alternatively, we will seek and fight for a bail reduction.
- Seventeen years of experience has given Tangi insight on how prosecutors and judges think, and what they are looking for. This experience has proven invaluable in preparing defenses for trial and in negotiating favorable dispositions for clients accused of serious criminal charges.
- If it is the client’s wish, we will prepare for trial, intensely, and seek a not guilty verdict. We are always prepared, willing and able to fight in court to successfully resolve a client’s case.
- We keep our clients informed regarding their case. It is your life at stake, and you have a right at all reasonable times to know what is happening in your case.
- We promise aggressive, but ethical, representation from start to finish. From our office in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, our law firm represents clients all over the state of Mississippi.