Simona is a highly appreciated business criminal law practitioner, with more than a decade of intensive professional activity in the legal (mainly Criminal Law) and the security fields, having proven her strong technical knowledge and consistent business-oriented approach throughout a wide array of cases involving corporate and private clients alike.
Her expertise covers areas such as public and private corruption, economic criminality, money laundering and organised criminality, being also highly experienced in working with governmental and European institutions on matters regarding national security, economic strategies, strategic planning and risk management.
Simona provided expert opinion and legal advice in complex yet sensitive compliance and regulatory matters for many national and international corporations, becoming a reputed counsellor for companies confronted with internal disorders or mismanagement situations.
Simona is also notable for being a lecturer with the Superior Institute of Law and Economics Barcelona (Spain) and for having won numerous awards for her business-oriented approach in criminal law cases.
– A real estate company, part of a multinational industrial group – representation in a criminal trial to avoid the loss of approximately EUR 2.5 million caused by the purchase of a large plot of land from entities who created the appearance that they were the actual owners, while the asset was part of a large corruption and money laundering scheme.
– A Romanian company – representation in front of the judicial bodies in a complex criminal file involving tax evasion and money laundering attributed to more than 10 companies and their directors, with an alleged prejudice of EUR 2 million.
– An international financial company – legal assistance in matters of restructuring sizable loans (EUR millions) made to a major Romanian company acting in the telecom sector in the context of alleged fraudulent actions of a former shareholder of the company, including lifting seizure measures ordered by the Prosecutors’ Office.
– A Romanian business man – representation in a large criminal investigation regarding tax evasion and money laundering committed by more than 20 defendants. The total alleged damages brought to the national budget amounted to over EUR 4.5 million.
– A top pharma distributor – representation in front of the National Anticorruption Directorate in an investigation involving alleged crimes of active corruption of over 80 defendants and proceeds of the crime exceeding EUR 1 million.
– A UK-based holding group – representation in front of the investigation authorities regarding activities reserved for financial institutions, in the context of ambiguous transposing of the European legislation in national laws.
– The Romanian subsidiary of an international agricultural group – representation on front of the investigative bodies in relation to accusations of embezzlement, prejudice of over EUR 1 million.
– A real estate company – representation in a complex criminal investigation involving crimes against the European Union budget, corruption, money laundering and abuse of power.
– The top national administrators for private pensions – representation of the company and its management in proving that all legal and ethical duties were fulfilled and that any negative outcome (prejudice of EUR 500,000) caused by the employees could not be imputed to the company.
– A top pharma distributor (multinational company) – complete redoing of the antibribery internal regulations and policies: full analysis of the procedures and practices in place, complete redesign of the business model (processes and regulations), multiple training and follow-up sessions with the representatives and employees (>150 persons).