Frank Carr is a former corporate banker, investment firm Chief Financial Officer and a 20 year veteran of executive search for the investment management industry. He is a registered expert witness with Round Table Group (formerly Thomson Reuters) Gerson Lehrman Group, TASA and Experts.com. Mr. Carr has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in Federal, State and County courts and in American Arbitration Association, Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (JAMS) and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration matters in jurisdictions including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Texas, Delaware, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Prior to forming Centennial, he had been a Managing Director in the Global Asset Management practice at A.T. Kearney Executive Search, a top 10 U.S. search firm. He began his executive search career at LAI Ward Howell which was later acquired by TMP Worldwide (owners of Monster.com). Mr. Carr’s recruiting experience covers a broad range of job functions within the investment management industry, including: Portfolio Management; Investment Sales, Distribution & Investor Relations; Operations, Finance, Legal & Administration.
Mr. Carr has authored several articles for FundFire (Financial Times), Ignites, HedgeWorld, The MFA Reporter, FINalternatives.com and Hedge Fund Magazine, and he has been quoted in publications such as Bloomberg News, CNN Money, FundFire, Ignites, Absolute Return, Hedge Fund Alert, HedgeWorld and Hedge Fund Manager Week. He has also served as both a moderator and panelist at investment industry conferences and events sponsored by The Managed Funds Association, EuroMoney, NICSA, InfoVest21, Columbia Business School, and CAIA, the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Association.
Prior to entering executive search, Mr. Carr was Chief Financial Officer of The Marevista Fund, a Connecticut-based private investment firm which included a hedge fund and a Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA). He managed the accounting and compliance functions as well as the offering and sales process for the firm’s investment units, including registration with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Mr. Carr started his career in commercial bank lending, initially with Citigroup in their Wall Street Commodities division and later specialized in financing independent feature film producers, TV producers and television station owners on behalf of European American Bank in New York.
Mr. Carr is a graduate of Williams College where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Economy and he had previously held FINRA licenses, Series 3, 6 and 63. Mr. Carr also holds the Compensation Studies Certificate from the School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University.
Frank Carr Expert Witness Experience
- Expert witness for the Plaintiff in connection with wrongful death lost earnings calculations regarding the head Creative Director for the leading Cable TV News Network; Supreme Court of New Jersey, Union County (2020)
- Expert witness for Digital Media Company and Private Equity Firm Defendants in connection with an alleged gender discrimination and compensation dispute; prepared expert opinion on the valuation of separate classes of private equity units; United States District Court, Southern District of New York. (2019)
- Expert witness for a Top 10 U.S. Asset Manager based in Boston in connection with employment termination, alleged age discrimination and compensation issues regarding a Defined Contribution (401k) investment consultant; Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Suffolk, SS, Superior Court Department of the Trial Court, Boston, MA. (2019)
- Expert witness for Plaintiff in connection with the valuation of venture capital funds as it pertains to personal injury lost compensation analysis regarding a venture capital firm partner; prepared an expert report and damages calculations and scheduled for a pre-trial deposition; Dane County Circuit Court, Madison, WI. (2019)
- Expert witness for Top Tier Global Hedge Fund in connection with an alleged gender discrimination and compensation dispute; United States District Court, Southern District of New York. (2019)
- Expert witness for the defendant (Husband) in connection with career path options and projected compensation analysis involving a former technology stock fund portfolio manager in this Fairfield County, CT divorce case; CT State Court, Bridgeport. (2019)
- Expert witness for Claimant in connection with alleged fraudulent inducement, wrongful termination and compensation damages regarding an Energy sector hedge fund analyst; prepared an expert report and damages calculations and provided testimony at the arbitration hearing; American Arbitration Association, New York. (2019)
- Expert Witness for individual Plaintiffs in connection with a $50,000,000 action on behalf of two hedge fund portfolio managers for breach of contract (compensation matters) and violation of the New York Labor Law; Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York. (2019)
- Expert witness for the Plaintiff in connection with wrongful death damages calculations regarding a Wall Street trading executive killed by a falling construction crane in New York City; Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York. (2019)
- Expert witness for individual plaintiff (Wife) in connection with career path options and compensation analysis regarding a senior Commercial Banking executive for this Nassau County, NY divorce case; Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Nassau. (2019)
- Expert witness for individual plaintiff in connection with career path options and projected compensation analysis involving a quantitative equities hedge fund portfolio manager for this Westchester County, NY divorce case; Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Westchester. (2019)
- Expert witness for the defendant in connection with career path options and projected compensation analysis involving a personal financial advisor for this Westchester County, NY divorce case; Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Westchester. (2019)
- Expert witness for individual plaintiff in connection with personal injury lost compensation analysis for a New York-based Investment Banker client; testimony in deposition; Court of Common Pleas, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Civil Division. (2018)
- Expert witness for individual plaintiff in connection with career path options and compensation analysis regarding a senior Capital Markets executive for this Wall Street divorce case; Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of New York. (2018)
- Expert witness for female claimant in connection with a gender discrimination and compensation dispute regarding the female head of distribution and investor relations for a $30 billion New York-based private equity firm; testimony at the arbitration hearing; American Arbitration Association, New York. (2017)
- Expert witness for a $12 billion Texas-based SEC Registered Investment Adviser and leading global alternative credit manager in connection with employment termination and compensation issues regarding a hedge fund and CLO portfolio manager; testimony in deposition and at the arbitration hearing; JAMS Arbitration, Dallas, Texas. (2017)
- Expert witness for a financial advisor claimant in a FINRA arbitration against one of the top 5 U.S. wealth management firms. The scope of the opinion included projected career advancement, compensation analysis and calculation of lost earnings. Prepared an expert witness report in preparation for testimony at the FINRA arbitration hearing. FINRA Arbitration, New Jersey. Favorable settlement for claimant. (2017)